Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Seasonal Photos

I'm trying to clean out, arrange, rename, save, delete and use some of my older photos.  So it's your lucky day, you'll get a hdge-podge of photos for your inspiration! These photos were from fall of 2009! 

(I used a vintage chippy plate, added embellishments, stamped the letters
and hung on my kitchen wall!)

(I made kitchen tea towels out of a bolt of muslin, then added the lace,
then stamped the Fruit of the Spirit on them.  Gave out as gifts.)
(A little vintage gift set!  Tea cup and saucer-though not an exact match!- and a set of
children's spoon and fork tied up with tulle.  Don't forget to add the mini-rose!)

(Our McIntosh apple tree in front of our home.  This year-2009-it was loaded. 
Some years are better than others!  We did have enough this year for
some applesauce, apple pie, apple butter, apple cookies, apple bread, apple bobbler...
so far that's what I've made!)

(Mile High Apple Pie......slice and serve with vanilla ice cream
and everyone will be very happy!)

(Apple Prayer Bread ready to go into the hot oven!)

(I saw this idea a few years back online, and it is about the funnest thing
I've ever done with gingerbread houses!  Miniature ones to
top your mugs!  Do make time to make these!)

(Simple to make, you'll need to experiment with your "door" size to fit on the
coffee cup or mug "rim".)

(These are my full size gingerbread houses. This is just a tip...
when you "glue" them together {with icing} use long stick pins to hold them
together just until dry enough to stand on their own.  I don't have to do this
on all of them, but when I have ones that give me a hard time, this is what I do!)

(The grandchildren love grilled cheese sandwiches cut out with cookie cutters. 
It makes lunchtime so much fun!)


(No crusts!  All fun!  Just use your cookie cutters!)

And one last photo....both our girls make excellent cheesecake!
Here's a photo of one that Jessica made Christmas of 2009...

Have a blessed weekend!
Hugs, Heidi

5 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Oh my! Your projects are all great...you are a clever girl! The mile high apple pie looks so good my mouth is watering...wish you could slip a slab into an envelope and mail it to me...I'd even pay the postage...hahaha!
Are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Fun with all the kids around I'm thinking!
xoxo
Joyce

Amy M. said...

I love the Fruits of the Spirit tea towel!!! What is apple prayer bread? Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Linda Stubbs said...

Hi, I never get to come over much now that I serve at the bakery at the college.Look at all the beautifulness on your post! The gingerbread houses that you made for the cups are the most adorable things!!!!!!! I loved that idea of using the pins to keep the roof on. Mine always seem to slide! Thank you for the neat idea. Trust that your Thanksgiving is a blessing!

Linda

Leaon Mary said...

SWEET! Loved all your pics Heidi! Leave it to you to make those little samiches using cookie cutters. I just know your kids n grands must think you are SO MUCH FUN. Hey... pass that cheesecake! Mmmm! Go girls! They must take after their Momma!

Luisa Rodríguez said...

oh, my... you're like.. super talented!!
i wish i could do stuff like that!

loved your blog - you're so crafty!
hope you come visit me too sometime. i'd love that!

it must be (so)... liberating