Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Delightful, Cheerful and Talented Susan (s)

Do you know Susan? 


Yes, I have have five sisters and three sisters-in-law, and one of them is named Susan!  Susan is the oldest of our siblings, the first child, the top of the totem pole, the one who probably changed more diapers then any of us put together!  (We always helped my mom change diapers of whoever was younger than us!) When I was in junior high Susan went away to college.  I didn't see her any less than I did when she was at home, as she was always in her room studying!  LOL  She was top of her high school class and top of her graduating college class.  Talk about talent, my sister Sue (guess her name changed somewhere along the line) has more musical talent than I could ever dream of!  Sue is now the MOB.  Yes, the honored position called "The Mother of the Bride".  And, if ever her smarty-pants needs to come in it has been for this wedding.  Her daughter, the bride, is just finishing up a school year of teaching in Africa!  So they have been planning and organizing the wedding long distance.  They use emails and Skype and that's all, they haven't seen each other since Heather became engaged!  My niece Heather, is going to be boarding a plane in just a couple days to fly back to the states. 
(photo taken at a distance by a close friend)

 Her wedding date is July 29, so she'll  have just weeks to prepare in person.   Just one favor, could you please pray for Heather and her groom, Mr. Q., that all goes well in travels?  Oh, to make the love story even sweeter, Mr. Q. proposed to Heather in Africa!  Whew, they'll have a story to tell their children! 


Next up on our Susan list is Susan Branch.  Guess who has a new blog?  Guess whose book you can win?  Guess which artist I've loved, admired and been cheered by for many, many years?  Yes, Susan Branch.  I have several of her books, and her wall calendar hangs beautifully in my kitchen. So cheery!  I once wrote to Susan and asked her to write a "Spring" season book.  She was missing that season in her line up.  I didn't hear back from her, she's so busy drawing and all, but if she comes out with a "Spring Book", you can thank me!   ;)


You can shop her store for her wonderful, cheerful and art-filled books here.  I think "Girlfriends Forever" is my favorite!





    (all the Susan Branch images used on this post are via SusanBranch.com)

Be sure to check out her Recipes page on her website, too!

I love my sister, Susan!  And I adore Susan Branch's artwork!  How's that for a Wednesday double love?
   Hugs, Heidi

4 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Prayers for Heather-check! Africa...what a wonderful experience and I'm sure there are lots of stories there.
I love Susan Branch too and have for more than 20 years! David & I went to Martha's Vineyard once and scoped out her house. Her house and gardens are even more wonderful when you see them in person. Then we went to the Bunch of Grapes bookstore and I got an autographed copy of one of her books (I think I have them all). I never did actually see her though. Her art and writings are delightful!
xoxo
Joyce

Amy M. said...

That's a lot of love!!! What a beautiful engagement photo!!! How lovely!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Heidi-

I LOVE Susan Branch and have all of her books, too. She has such a nice life. I wish I could draw like her. When I was on vacation in Martha's Vineyard about 10 years ago I made sure I saw her house.

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog about the candle chandelier. Have you ever tried the battery operated candles? They sell them at Walmart and they do look nice - not as bright as real flames, but not bad.
My best- Diane

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I would love to pray for your niece and her fiance. Also for the MOB (who has a big job ahead of her), as we both know too well. : )
M.L.