Wednesday, May 25, 2011

White Chocolate Weddings ~~ Oh, sweet love!

Today I'm participating in Faded Charm's White Wednesday!


So....moving right along....  Weddings!  There's several special weddings written on our calendar this summer.  One of them, my niece, will have a reception filled with Sweets. Yes, Desserts with a capital "D"! Won't a ddessert rreception just be perfect? 

So...lucky Mark and everyone who comes near....I am experimenting with sweet desserts!  One of my first experiments I made was White Chocolate Cream Puffs.  I just made a batch of cream puffs (easy to make, they are in every cookbook, or look on All Recipes), then made a box of instant white chocolate pudding (yes, they make that now!), and topped them off with melted white chocolate chips.  They were so yummy!


But I didn't like how heavy the pudding felt, and the white chocolate on the top became hard, and yummy as they tasted, I didn't like how the combined effect.  I'll experiment with a white chocolate mouse type filling, then maybe even leave off the topping. What do you think?

All this white chocolate reminds me of the cake that our friend made for Jessica's wedding.  I have a picture of this on my refrigerator. I don't think a day goes by that I don't dream of that delicious cake. 



Gorgeous, too!  Jessica had found a photo of this cake online (don't remember where) and gave the photo to our friend to make.  The cake was a gift, and oh what a gift Jessica and Craig received! 


The pieces all around the perimeter of the cakes was rolled and cut white chocolate. I can't even imagine how many hours she spent working on this gorgeous cake.  There were three different flavors, but the piece I had was white chocolate---ah----TDF!!!! (to-die-for).



Here's one of the pictures of the cake from our photographer:



Speaking of weddings, this was my favorite wedding picture of Craig and Jessica, in black and WHITE:


...can't stop there....here's a few more favorites of mine...



Thanks for visiting today!  Blessings, Heidi





7 comments:

Lady Kay's Kitchen said...

I looooooooooove wedding cake! I had some royal wedding cake replica at a tea shop here the day after the royal wedding. yummm

Leaon Mary said...

That girl was one beeeautiful bride. And the cake really looks delish. Not much into chocolate these days for some reason but white chocolate looks vanilla and that works with me. lol
There is just SOMETHING about wedding cake.... it's sweeter and more wonderful than all the rest. Must be a love thing.

Scrap for Joy said...

I'm sorry...did you say that you needed someone to help taste test the wonderful delights you will be making???? What are friends for?
Jessica was a most beautiful bride...and the pictures are so gorgeous! Her cake looked mighty good, too!
Remember-I'm here when you need me :D
xoxo
Joyce

kandeland said...

Jessica looks stunning as always! love how she wore her hair!
xo

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Wow!!! What stunning photos. Really incredible. And that cake is such a work of art. That's exactly what we did for Sara's...we took a photo from Online to our cake lady and she did a wonderful job too.
Thanks for sharing all the fun, with this Post.
M.L.

blessings said...

What a gorgeous couple they are! I think that your creme puffs look yummy. And you're comment about my photos was so sweet - thank you!

Blessings... Polly

Jatin Sethi said...

chocolate images for chocolate day