Sunday, March 20, 2011

Doggie Chips and Salsa

This is Project Number 5 in my "Scottie Dog Cookie Cutter" series.  I'm using my cute little vintage Scottie Dog cookie cutter because he's just so dog-gone cute.  But you can use your favorite cookie cutter, or a variety of cutters for any of my projects.

Scottie Dog Baked Corn Chips
I love chips and salsa but often run out of chips before salsa.  So I decided to make a batch of my own.  Luckily we usually buy the large quantity of corn tortillas, so I had those on hand.

Just cut out as many chips as you'd like to eat:




Experiment some by cutting a stack at once, trimming around your cookie cutter to cut a large batch at once.

Coat with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.



Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes.  Turn them over and bake an additional 3 minutes or until crunchy just the way you like them.


Serve on a vintage glass snack {dessert} plate, adding a good heaping of guacamole sauce and your favorite salsa.



A fun and yummy snack, kids and adults both will enjoy!

Happy Spring!
        ~Heidi

(Linked to Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday here, and

6 comments:

Lady Kay's Kitchen said...

Oooh! I have made chips with corn tortillas before, but they never seemed quite right. Now I see that I was missing the olive oil part! I am going to go make some right now.

Leaon Mary said...

Heidi, your chips look scrumdillyicious! What a HIT I bet those are!!! You never cease to amaze me.

Farming On Faith said...

Oh what a cute idea ~kids would just love this!
I enjoyed my visit to your blog today.
Hope you are having a great day!

Christina said...

I LOOOOOVE THIS!!! My first thought is to make some for birthday parties!!! I'm always looking for cute food ideas to tie into our theme and this is awesome! Tatym will have a princess party in July so maybe I need to be on the lookout for some princess cookie cutters! FUN!!!

julie - eab designs said...

I have so many cookie cutters to choose from. What a great idea to make chips. Thanks for sharing this.

Amy M. said...

SO CUTE!!!! I have to try this with one of my cookie cutters. Thank you for the inspiration!

-Amy
crafting by candlelight