Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Five Little Monkey's Jumping On The Bed

What's a grandma to do when it's raining outside? (Day after day?)
Yes, just let the monkeys jump on the guest bed! Luckly none fell off!  The balloons added a fun effect, I think they were trying to jump on the balloons ON the bed! This is their idea of fun!

I've been making cards from fabric scraps, stamped muslim, lace and ribbon scraps and more!  This one pictured was a test card, so you'll notice the stitching is a little off!  I stitch everything on the large fabric scrap, then when that's finished I stitch it to the card, inking up the edges for a vintage look.  I found it's easier to put a bit of glue on the card before I stitch the fabric, otherwise it tends to move on me!

This was a special order sign I sold on Etsy.  The buyer wanted every letter painted in different colors!  I wasn't sure at first how it'd look, but when I completed it I just loved it!

Lot's going on here at Sweet Woodruff Acres!  I'm loving everything that's blooming now, especially my lilacs.  Ummmmm....the scent is heavenly!

Hugs, Heidi

5 comments:

mimi said...

Hi Heidi,
Things must be getting busy for you now planning for a new grandbaby and the wedding. I hope your Mother's Day was a special time with your family. I love the fabric cards that you have been making. I too love to add fabric to my paper projects. My mom and I just visited a local quilt shop and I purchased the most adorable fabric fat quarters. I am getting just as bad about collecting fabric as I am about collecting scrapbooking paper :) I thought I would share this little tip with you---I don't know if you have ever used wonder under ( a transfer web) but it makes sewing the fabric to the paper so much easier. You iron a piece of the paperbacked adhesive web to the wrong side of the fabric--remove the protective backing to reveal the now fusable fabric. Using a hot iron press it to the paper and it stays put!! It is really easy to sew to the paper then because it doesn't move. I have even used it on ribbon.
Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week :)
xoxo
Mimi~
PS I think the special order sign turned out so very sweet!!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Heidi~
When I enlarged the picture of your sweet card I thought, "Wow, this reminds me of Mimi's work"...we follow each other everywhere! It is so pretty and I love all of the different textures of the fabric, the lace and the gathered ribbon. I don't know anything about fabric on cards...I leave that to my fabric friends but I shire love the soft look of it.
Charlie loves the Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed poem...it makes us both giggle. I'm sure you had a happy Mother's Day with your sweet cherubs! I see mine at the end of this month.
xoxo
Joyce

Leaon Mary said...

I could almost HEAR the giggles coming from that bedroom. lol Cutest lil monkeys I've ever seen.

Love those cards Heidi! Isn't sewing on paper an absolute BALL? ADDICTING. Much better than sewing fabric. lol
My love to everyone at sweet woodruff acres.
Holykisses dear friend
and EAGLE WINGS
Lea

Christina said...

CUTE card and CUTE sign too!!!! And can't forget the CUTE monkeys too! :) I bet you're the bestest grandma ever!!!

Francis Weiss said...

Lovely blog, thanks for taking the time to share this