Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keep calm...here, have a cookie!



Just some sweet words for you today...
(cupcakes...cookies...verses...all things sweet for you!)


Sometimes things feel so frazzled. Not dazzeled, not even razzeled, but frazzled. But God is quick to tell us to stay calm, don't be anxious, and keep our eyes focused on Him. Here are three great vereses:


->"He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit." (Proverbs 17:27


->"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God." (Philippians 4:6)


->"...for we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what do do, but our eyes are upon You." (2 Chronicles 20:12)

It's seems it's our mouths that tends to get us the trouble the quickest. Why don't we stop and think before we speak? That first verse in Proverbs tells us to "spare our words"! One of the great things in the verse from Philippians is to NOT be frazzled, instead pray! And the final verse reminds us to keep our eyes on our Jesus. When our eyes are focused on Jesus that means they can't be focused on other things.

So, stay calm, tell God your problems and keep your eyes on Jesus.

For fun, I painted this sign, "Stay calm...here, have a cookie!" (It's in my Etsy store.)




Oh, and I added my Everyday Cookies girl link here on the side. You can grab the link and add it to your blog. It was a little tricky to do, so if anyone does use it, could you let me know if it actually works? Thanks!



Blessings,

Heidi

2 comments:

mimi said...

Hi Heidi :)
Oh thank you for the wonderful reminder!!! That is what I struggle with the most. I am such a worrier. I need to remember to keep my eyes on Jesus so that they will not focus on things to worry me. Thank you for the encouragment.
xoxox
Mimi~
PS I added your little Everyday Cookies girl to my blog. The link worked just fine. The only thing I could not do is click on the image and have it take me to your blog. I just added the blog address in the caption :)

Anonymous said...

great reminders that I know I need to hear! I'm not a worrier, but I do get impatient and frazzled. I have gotten better at not speaking out too quickly. I learned that lesson by being on the other end of things and learning how damaging quick words can feel when aimed at you. Thanks for the post Heidi, and have a great week! xox natalea