Monday, February 8, 2010

A corner of my kitchen and a yarn cards

Here's a corner in my kitchen...















What I want to point out is the lovely banner on the birdhouse. (You can click on the photos to enlarge.) This was made by Joyce 2 years ago for a swap. I've had it in my kitchen hanging across this vintage-rustic-green birdhouse since I received it. My little pink birdie watches over this corner, too. Notice this is where I study and read my Bible and have my daily devotions. Since we've changed churches (a year ago), Mark and I began to to study the Bible deeper and have been so blessed. I hope to share some things as time permits. For anyone who wants to get started reading the Bible, may I suggest just... OPEN it? Just read it? Just start? If you open you Bible right in the center you'll be in Psalm. A wonderful book to start. If you're struggling with having daily devotions, please let me know. I want to encourage you! You will be blessed.




Martha Stewart's TV show is moving to the Hallmark channel. Maybe they'll show it in the evening now. I don't watch it much, but did catch about 5 minutes a couple weeks ago when the blogger who writes MarthaMoments was on and he and Martha did a segment. They made cards using yard and glue, so simple. Here's a heart card I made for Valentine's Day.
















And a birdie card, because I just love birds!
















"...do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Matthew 6:25-26


Blessings, Heidi

8 comments:

mimi said...

Good Morning Heidi,
This post really touched my heart. It is so true about spending time alone with God. I am not very consistent at it but when I do I am truly blessed. I love Psalms. It seems that whenever I need encouragment I can open this book and God just speaks. When my husband was sick a couple of years ago I can't tell you how many times God eased my worries and fears while reading Psalms. Thank you so much for the encouragment and the reminder of how important it is to spend time with God.
I love that sweet little banner that Joyce made for you. I am blessed to have her as my friend and have her living so close by. She made me the most beautiful little box and banner for my Birthday and I too will treasure it forever. I hope you have a special day. I am so happy that you are blogging again. I really look forward to your posts.
xoxox
Mimi~
PS
I love the new look of your blog :)

Maija said...

Good to have you back Heidi!! You new blog looks wonderful!

Scrap for Joy said...

I am flattered that you still have the banner...2 years ago...we've been blogging friends for a long time. Watch your mailbox...something new is coming your way. I think it's impotant to have a place dedicated to reading and praying. I am so easily distracted that I need quiet when I'm concentrating on Bible study. Of course, I often talk to God when I'm driving in the car (alone of course)
Your yarn cards are very clever...primative in a modern way. I like Martha's magazine more than I like watching her. I wish Mary Engelbriet's Home Vompanion was still being published-I miss that most of all. OK-I'm rambling now.
Have a swwet Valentine's Day. Looks like Charlie won't becomming because of anticipated bad weather for them (DC-18-20 inches) and us (8-12 inches) I will be glad for winter to be over this year.
xoxo
Joyce

Leaon Mary said...

Please... I would LOVE to be SENT TO YOUR CORNER! What a delicious little spot to be!
I am imagining sitting there in the WORD with you dear Heidi! I'm so excited that you and your beloved are spending time reading the word of God. SO EXCITED. Funny that I just got here today because my post today was on Matthew 10:31... "So don't be afraid, YOU are worth many sparrows." ;)
Sometimes I get to feelin guilty coz I've been spending so much time reading my bible and studying. But then today, my devotional out of Jesus CALLING..it says: TRUST ME ENOUGH TO SPEND AMPLE TIME WITH ME."
Just this morning, I finished thee olde testament. A MILESTONE for me. I couldn't have done it without God's help. Now... I'm meeting dear Matthew with fresh eyes.
* I love your yarn cards!* I saw that very segment I think!!! The BIRD makes me SMILE!
My love to you this beeeautiful winters day Heidi!
Your forever Kindred soul sister,
lea

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love your yarn cards! Happy Valentine's Day! Twyla

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Thank you for this post. I do struggle with reading the Word. I was raised in the church, went to Bible college, and yet I feel overwhelmed thinking about just picking up the Bible and reading. I know I need to do better.

Tracy said...

Hello Heidi, I was scrolling through referrals on my site meter and I saw a link to your blog. I liked it the moment it opened! I was thrilled and honored to see that I was linked on your blog list. Thank you!

I'm looking forward to visiting more often...what a sweet, fun & charming blog.

I loved what you share in this post...so very true. For years, I was intimated to even start. I would take part in Bible studies, but it was "read this portion, answer these questions..." rather than really soaking in God's word and letting it change me. For the last couple of years, I've finally been reading and studying the Bible regularly. What a life changer! I have come to love my time with the Lord. = )

OK...sorry for writing a book here! Didn't mean to ramble on. Wanted to say Hi and nice to "meet" you!

Blessings...Tracy

Strom said...

Great blog ppost